This Site is owned and operated by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) and its official affiliate, the Dental Auxiliary Learning and Education Foundation (the DALE Foundation) (collectively, referred to herein as “we” or “us” or “our”).
Site and Content Ownership
DANB and the DALE Foundation own and maintain this Site for your personal information, education and communications. All materials on our Site, including but not limited to articles, posts, artwork, photographs, graphics, audio clips, video clips, text and trademarks (collectively, “Content”) are the sole property of DANB, the DALE Foundation, and its licensors, vendors, agents and/or Content providers. The exclusive rights to all Content on the Site is protected by U.S. and international laws of copyright, trademark and unfair competition. Content that is published on this Site may be shared via social media channels or linked to on other websites with proper linking and credit.
Other than as specifically described above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, prepare derivative works based on, republish, transmit, repost or otherwise use the Content on our Site, without prior written authorization from DANB (and, as applicable, any third-party copyright owners of such Content). To request such permission, send an email with the details of your specific request to email@example.com.
Information Presented on the Site
The Content presented on this Site is designed for informational purposes only. Although we endeavor to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information presented on this Site, we do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy or timeliness of any Content, including Content submitted via our Content providers or user-generated content and commentary, and therefore, make no representation or warranty regarding the same. Furthermore, we do not endorse, guarantee, warrant, or recommend any Content provided by our Content providers, any user-generated content or commentary, or any other third-party information, products or services posted, discussed or advertised on the Site or linked from the Site.
Changes to the Site
We reserve the right to make changes to, or to suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Site or any portion of the Site. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
Use of the Site
All visitors and users of the Site agree to the following terms:
• Harvesting or collecting information from the Site using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis without our prior authorization is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, harvesting or collecting information about other users of the Site and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions visible on the Site.
• Using automated means to access the Site, or to gain unauthorized access to the Site or to any account or computer system connected to the Site, is strictly prohibited.
• Downloading, storing or transmitting copies of streamed or other content is strictly prohibited.
• Obtaining, or attempting to obtain, access to areas of the Site or our systems is strictly prohibited.
• Flooding the Site with requests or otherwise overburdening, disrupting or harming the Site or its systems is strictly prohibited.
• Circumventing or reverse engineering the Site or its systems is strictly prohibited.
• Restricting or inhibiting another user or users from using and enjoying the Site is strictly prohibited.
• Manipulating or forging identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content posted on the Site or otherwise provided to us is strictly prohibited.
• Impersonating any individual, including but not limited to other community members or our employees, is strictly prohibited.
Use of the Forum
The Site includes a community forum. To access the forum and certain areas of each community you will be required to create an account on our Site. You will need to select a user name and password; the username that you select is the name that appears when you post on the forum. The username can be any name that you select, as long as someone else has not selected that username before you and as long as it does not infringe on any intellectual property rights (e.g., DANB’s certification marks) or misrepresent your professional credentials, or consist of obscene, disparaging or defamatory content. Your password, like your username, is only for logging into the forum.
It is within the Site’s sole discretion to delete comments or messages, or portions of comments or messages, that it considers obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected. Considering the real-time nature of the message board(s), this Site does not review user messages or confirm the validity or accuracy of information Content posted. We are not responsible for the Content of any user messages posted on our Site, and do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the message board Administrators or any entity or individual associated with DANB or the DALE Foundation. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the message board Administrators immediately by email. The message board Administrators may in their sole discretion decide to remove such material, in whole or in part, but neither the removal nor the failure to do so shall result in liability to anyone. Because removal is a manual process, removal or editing specific messages may not occur immediately.
The DANB logo is a registered trademark of the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. DANB, DENTAL ASSISTING NATIONAL BOARD, NELDA, CDA, COA, CPFDA, CRFDA, CDPMA and COMSA are registered certification marks of DANB. RHS, ICE and MEASURING DENTAL ASSISTING EXCELLENCE are registered service marks of DANB. CERTIFIED DENTAL ASSISTANT is a certification mark of DANB. MARK OF DENTAL ASSISTING EXCELLENCE is a service mark of DANB. Use of these marks is strictly prohibited, except as provided in the Usage Guidelines for DANB Trademarks, without the express written permission of DANB. The DALE Foundation, the DALE Foundation logo and CDEA are registered service marks of the DALE Foundation.
Users of this Site may submit information, article and blog comments, opinions, stories, text, photographs, graphics, videos or other material (collectively, “User Submissions”) to or on the Site.
It is within the Site’s sole discretion to remove, or choose not to publish, User Submissions or portions of User Submissions, that it considers obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected. This Site does not guarantee that User Submissions will be published. User Submissions do not represent the views of DANB or its affiliates. DANB and any affiliates do not endorse any User Submissions or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein. DANB and its affiliates expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. In no event shall you represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, DANB’s or its affiliates’ endorsement of User Submissions.
DANB and affiliates do not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Submissions on this Site and do not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Submissions on our Site. Through your use of this Site, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using our Site, you assume all associated risks.
User Submissions are public, not private, communications. When you voluntarily disclose personal information through your User Submissions, that information can be visible, collected or used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other people.
You agree that your User Submissions will comply with our Community Rules, below.
By submitting User Submissions, either through this Site or directly to DANB or its affiliates, you hereby grant DANB and its affiliates an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, use, copy, sell, distribute, create derivative works from, publicly display or publicly perform the User Submission (or any portion thereof) in perpetuity, and DANB and its affiliates may sublicense all or part of its rights under this license or assign them to third parties. DANB and its affiliates shall also have the right to own or register any copyrights to any User Submissions.
This Site may refuse or remove any User Submission that, in its sole judgment, violates these Terms. DANB and its affiliates have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor this Site for inappropriate content. You are solely responsible for any User Submission you submit on the Site.
We encourage users of this Site to share their thoughts and opinions. We welcome and respect all viewpoints, and we ask that you welcome and respect the viewpoints of others. With that in mind, there are a few important guidelines (“Community Rules”) all users must follow:
• You agree to not submit, upload or post any submission to this Site including your account username or other personally identifiable information that you wish to remain private
• You agree to not post false, defamatory, obscene, threatening or otherwise objectionable content
• You agree to not provide personal information about others
• You agree to not submit any content or information (such as inside, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty or operation of law
• You agree to not post advertising or solicitations
• You agree to not post copyrighted material
• You agree to not post for marketing purposes or commercial research
• You agree to not misrepresent any titles or professional credentials
• You agree to not spam this Site or its users
• You agree to not post any content that contains any viruses, malware, spyware or other harmful content or code
• You agree to not post in any other language except English
• You agree to not create multiple user site accounts on the Site
• You agree to not seek or offer medical or legal advice
This Site may delete or remove posts or ban users who violate these terms.
Copyright Infringement Notices
If you are a copyright owner who believes in good faith that your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted or distributed on this Site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please send our Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
• Identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Site (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright holder’s behalf; and
• Your physical or electronic signature.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, Ross Carlson, Dental Assisting National Board, Inc., 444 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60611, 1-800-367-3262, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of a Notification of Copyright Infringement from a copyright owner or authorized agent that contains the required information described above, we will notify the user, if known, of the alleged infringement and remove or disable the access to the material that is alleged to be infringing. No personal user information is shared with the copyright owner unless required by law.
We reserve the right to terminate the accounts of copyright infringers who post infringing content.
If you have received a notice of copyright infringement and believe that a copyright holder has accused you in error, you may file a DMCA Counter-Claim with our Copyright Agent.
A Counter-Claim must be a written communication provided to our Copyright Agent and must include the following information:
• A physical or electronic signature of the user;
• Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
• A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
• The user’s name, address and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for Northern Illinois, or if the user’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided the notification or an agent of such person;
• Upon receipt of a DMCA Counter-Claim, we will provide the complaining party with a copy of the DMCA Counter-Claim. When we receive a Counter-Claim that meets the requirements of the DMCA, we will process the Counter-Claim in accordance with the requirement of the DMCA.
Links to Other Sites and Advertising
Liability of DANB and Its Licensors
The Site and Content provided on the Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults. Neither DANB, its affiliates nor any person associated with DANB or its affiliates makes any warranty or representation with respect to the quality or availability of the Site. Specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, neither DANB, its affiliates nor anyone associated with DANB or its affiliates warrants or represents that the Site or the Content provided on the Site will be accurate, reliable, error-free, uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Site or the servers that make it available are free from viruses or other harmful components; or that the Site will otherwise meet your needs or expectations. DANB and its affiliates disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. In no event will DANB, its affiliates or its contractors be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the Site, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits or damages resulting from delay, interruption in service, viruses, deletion of files or electronic communications; or errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the Site or the content transmitted on the Site; or personal injury, whether or not there is negligence by DANB or its affiliates and whether or not DANB or its affiliates has been advised of the possibility of any such damages.
Advertising and Sponsorship Rights
This Site reserves the right to sell, license and/or display any advertising, sponsorship, attribution, links, promotional and/or distribution rights in connection with any information or materials you submit, and DANB and its licensors or affiliates will be entitled to retain any and all revenue generated from any sales or licenses of such advertising, sponsorship, attribution, links, or promotional or distribution rights. Nothing in these additional terms obligates or may be deemed to obligate DANB or its affiliates to sell, license or offer to sell or license any advertising, promotion or distribution rights.