We collect two types of information on this Site: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you provide to us, such as when you create an account or comment on a post. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, among other things. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, and use of this Site.
Collection of Personal Information
You may view content on this website without providing any personal information. If you would like to comment on a post, participate in a forum discussion, respond to a survey, or receive the e-newsletter, you will be asked to provide personal information, including your name and email address. When using this Site, you choose what information to supply and what questions or comments to submit. Please take care to share only such information as is needed and that you believe is appropriate.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may also collect and store non-personal information that does not identify you individually, including, but not limited to:
- Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and zip code as part of collecting personal information (see Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information below)
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information
- Analytics and content access information about your use of the Site
- Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses
- Other information regarding your use of the Site, affiliated websites and affiliated email newsletters
Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information
If you supply us with your name, email, or other personal information, this information may be used to communicate with you in various ways. By providing us with this information, you grant this Site permission to share your information with the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) and its affiliates. If you do not wish to receive communications from this Site, DANB, or the DALE Foundation, you may opt-out at the following links:
We will use personal and non-personal information in several ways, such as to:
- Provide you with the information, products, or services you requested
- Post user-generated content you submitted
- Communicate with you about your account and transactions with us
- Send you information about features or changes to our Site
- Communicate with you about your comment or post
- Personalize the content and experience on our Site
- Send you e-newsletters, emails, surveys, advertisements, and other offers, including information or promotions from third-parties
- Optimize and improve our Site
- Detect, investigate and prevent any activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of users of this Site
This Site will not sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless required by federal, state, or local law, or by rules regulating the oral healthcare professions, or by exigent circumstances (that is, any situation that demands unusual or immediate action to avoid or prevent immediate danger to person or property).
Retention of User Information
It is not possible for a user to delete his or her profile from our database, nor is it feasible to delete all traces of a user’s activity in the system.
This Site and other third-party sites may collect non-personal identification information through the use of “cookie” technology and/or Internet Protocol (“IP”) address tracking. Cookies are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat users and facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site.
You can remove, block, or disable cookies using the settings in your web browser. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org
We do not warrant or represent that the information you submit to the Site will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. If you access an area of the Site that requires a password, you are responsible for taking all steps to ensure that no other person has access to your password or account. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of your password; (2) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your password; and (3) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate your user name or password. You permit this Site and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of this Site to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your information in connection with the operation of Site. We do not and cannot assume any responsibility or liability for any information submitted by you to the Site or for your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received through the Site.
Links to other sites
Security of Information
This Site is committed to keeping user information secure, and we use industry standard technology in an attempt to achieve that goal. This Site has the appropriate security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected through this Site.
USERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST OBTAIN PARENTAL PERMISSION TO USE THE SITE. Adults should not assist unauthorized children to access the Site. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors under 18 years of age.
DANB/Dental Assistant Life
444 N Michigan Ave Ste 900
Chicago, IL 60611